Friday November 23, 2001
London.pm Technical Meeting
Another good technical meeting last night. As always
there was a good selection of talks.
- Leo Lapworth talked about a technology called Wackamole
which easily transfers processes between a group of servers
when one or more of them goes down. He caught our attention
by demonstrating the problems in terms of Buffy
- Leon gave an interesting overview of the various
benchmarking and profiling modules on CPAN.
- I tried to encourage people to get involved in
- James Duncan introduced us to OpenFrame an open source
application framework that they've developed at
- MBM overcame some early technical difficulties to talk
about KeyMan - a trust network for software
- Finally, Piers blew us all away by showing us the
progress he's making in building a Perl refactoring
In amongst all that we had the announcement of the
nominations for the leadership election. The final
- Paul Mison
- Amelia, the beany baby camel
May the best... er... thing... win!