I'm almost there!!! I can see the light!!!
Finally NetSol have updated my admin email on sergeant.org, axkit.org and axkit.com. So now I have started the transfer away from NetSol to OpenSRS. Unfortunately I can't just update my DNS on NetSol before then, because I would need to re-send authorization to Demon to do this. They only have authorisation to transfer the domains to opensrs. Sigh. But anyway, I got through confirmation from NetSol that sergeant.org's transfer has been completed today (nothing from opensrs yet, but fingers crossed). The axkit.* transfers happened a little later, so I expect that I'll hear from them either this weekend or monday. Joy!
Now if only my RAM would be sorted out, I'd be fine
I managed to get through to customer services where I bought the RAM, and they gave me a return ticket number. So now it goes back, gets tested, and either gets sent back with a charge to me, or new ones sent. Quite frustrating being without it for this long.