I haven't written in my journal for a while, so I figure it's time for an update...
WARNING: This email may overload your buzzword-o-meter.
I've been playing around for the last few weeks bandying around ideas for AxKit B2B. The idea for this follows along a few lines:
1. AxKit is complex to install due to its reliance on mod_perl. Let's try and do away with that.
2. AxKit is hard to setup once its installed. Lets try and fix that with a GUI!
3. AxKit isn't really designed for B2B. It's more of a publishing system. Lets try and fix that.
3.1. Plus we need to support things like RosettaNet and ebXML.
4. AxKit joins processing stages together using duct tape (OK, it uses strings or DOMs). Let's try and fix that by unifying on SAX.
5. I really haven't had enough chance to actually use the cool SAX2 stuff I wrote. I want to change that.
6. AxKit is me. I want something that I'm not solely responsible for.
7. I want to play more with POE. I like POE, and I think it needs a killer app in the open source. At the moment it doesn't seem to have one, which is a shame.
8. Every now and then you need to re-invent a wheel to keep yourself interested.
Anyway, if you're interested, join us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, archives are here.