Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • At the end of last week I gave up maintainership of Net::Twitter. Since the latest version available is still my code, I guess I've got some responsibility here. I'm absolutely stumped. This has to be something on Twitter's side, though I can't think of how it's being triggered. On the same box, perl doesn't work and wget does. Same URL, same auth, even the same useragent, which I hacked. By documentation, user_timeline only returns the last 24 hours, but it's returning all for wget. I wish I had a more
    • Thanks for the update. I was going to file a bug report, but wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid, first. I've filed a bug with Twitter. Hopefully I'll hear something, too.

      • Adding this at about line 50 or so in Twitter.pm fixes the problem in a messy kinda way.


        use MIME::Base64;
        $conf{ua}->default_header( "Authorization" => "Basic " . encode_base64( $conf{"username"} . ":" . $conf{"password"} ) );
        • by ct (2477) on 2008.06.16 19:15 (#63434) Homepage Journal
          This is 100% twitterfail. The user_timeline API method is not returning the HTTP 401 response to challenge for authentication. I've dropped a note to the API mailing list, Alex is usually pretty good at reading that and getting quick fixes in. As I said earlier, this is the sort of thing that prompted me to transfer the module on to someone else.