Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • As plans are that I'm taking over maintenance of MIME::Lite, I'm taking a special interest in what you have done. I've received a more recent developer version of MIME::Lite from the current/old maintainer some time ago. I'll have to see how these things merge.

    First of all, as I'd like to duplicate your benchmarks, I wonder how exactly you measured things? What exactly did you test?

    Second, I have my doubts on how $sub_attrs->{'content-disposition'}{'filename'} would ever be faster than $sub_attrs->{'c
    • 1) I'll send you the benchmarks I sent to the current maintainer via. I used Benchmark.pm, of course.

      2) The code needs to be able to loop through all the sub-attrs for a given attr in fields(). That would be rather complicated with the scheme you suggest, although it's possible it would be faster (and there's only one way to find out!). However, this isn't a change I made: the old code looked up every single attribute like $attr->{$attr}{$sub} where $sub was '' for the "main" attribute. My change removed this for "main" attributes which are by far the most common case and left the sub-attribute storage scheme as-is, albeit moved to a separate structure.

      -sam