Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • Forget just having a note from your doctor, if your medication is in any way a controlled substance (for example, Ritalin and all similar ADHD drugs are controlled narcotics) as well as your doctors note, you chould ALSO front up to the outbound customs desk at the airport and get customs to rubber stamp (literally) that they have checked you are carrying only what you are supposed to, and ONLY an amount that matches what you should need for your prescription (plus a certain percentage).

    So forget about just taking the bottle, you need to only take what you need.

    And of course you have to declare you are carrying a "controlled medication" when you get to customs at the other end. Failure to declare is illegal in most places. You'll be fine, they'll just check your paperwork and rubberstamp it.

    And THEN in some countries in Asia (yes, I'm looking at you Singapore) you need all that, PLUS you have to apply in writing to the Department of Science at least a month before you travel to carry the medication, with paperwork, and they call up the State Controlled Substances register and check you are legal.

    And then they will fax you a permission form to carry the medication while in the country, which you are required to carry on your person at all times while in possession of the medication.

    So make damned sure you go read the embassy websites before you go places. The rules might be stronger and harsher than you think.