use Perl Log In
Parrot 0.4.0 "Luthor" Released
leo writes "On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce another major release of Parrot. More yhan 530 svn checkins and 1000 added tests by numerous folks bump up the version to 0.4.0. I'd like to thank all involved people as well as our sponsors for supporting us."
"What is Parrot?
Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic languages, see parrotcode.org for more information.
Parrot 0.4.0 changes and news
- New lexical handling and closure support including better introspection for caller and outer
- PGE (Parrot Grammar Engine) provides now compilers for P6Rule, P6Grammar, P5Regexp, and Glob
- ca. 1000 new tests including 800 for Perl5 regexp
- Improved unicode charset and encoding support
- Calling conventions for exception handlers
- Punie (Perl 1) uses TGE (Tree Grammar Engine) to convert from PGE match objects to AST via two steps of tree transformation grammars
- New languages: amber and lua
- The usual code fixes, cleanup, and improvements, including an overhaul of the config and test framework
After some pause you can grab it from CPAN.
As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you just get the latest and best from SVN by following the directions at source.html.
Point your web browser at parrotcode.org for more information about Parrot, get involved, and: