use Perl Log In
Parrot 0.4.1 "Foghorn Leghorn" Released!
posted by brian_d_foy on 2006.01.09 0:07
leo writes "On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce another monthly release of Parrot. I'd like to thank all involved people as well as our sponsors for supporting us.
Parrot 0.4.1 changes and news
- Installation: 'make install' is using standard locations now (/usr/local is the default --prefix)
- Produce static and shared libraries on some systems
- Configure system rearragement
- OS pmc started (mkdir,cd,cwd,rm,umask,stat)
- Shootout examples
- Test files are now testable with 'prove'
- Smoke (and smokej) outputs progress
- PIR supports: I = A ,=,==,!=)
- Add support for octal number constants
- partcl updates:
- - almost finish [string]; start [file] - add build tool for generating inline'd tcl builtins from templates.
- Jako updates: NCI, subroutines, global variables and constants all work. (Gregor)
After some pause you can grab it from CPAN.
As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you just get the latest and best from SVN by following the directions at source.html.
Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic languages, see parrotcode.org for more information."