use Perl Log In
Parrot 0.4.11 Released
Parrot 0.4.11 can be obtained via CPAN (soon), or follow the download instructions. For those who would like to develop on Parrot, or help develop Parrot itself, we recommend using Subversion or SVK on our source code repository to get the latest and best Parrot code.
Parrot 0.4.11 News:
- IMCC: added documentation for C-based Parrot Calling Conventions, refactorings and bug fixes
- PGE: new perl6regex front end reflecting recent S05 syntax changes
- PIRC: new prototype PIR parser
- Updated Lua, PHP ("Plumhead"), BASIC, pynie
- Lua implements environment — Design:
- PDD15 "Objects" — details added, and draft approved — Documentation:
- Added guidelines for PMC documentation
- PDD15 implementation is largely complete, including role-based composition, introspection, and C3 method resolution order
- new Exporter PMC for importing globals between namespaces
- new string utilities for radix conversion
- PCCINVOKE and Parrot_PCCINVOKE allow calling using the full Parrot Calling Conventions from PMCs and C code respectively
- Refactorings and improvements in test coverage for 'Configure.pl'
- many bugfixes, enhancements, and code cleanup
- added example subversion config file
- extended support for gcc, icc, and other compilers
- extended support for Solaris and other platforms
Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors for supporting this project.