use Perl Log In
ANNOUNCE: POE 0.25 Released
- ActivePerl 5.8.0 is supported.
- Gentoo Linux is supported. Previously Perl would segfault.
- TCP clients and servers now support different kinds of sessions (Session, NFA, and custom types).
- TCP servers now gracefully handle aborted connections. This prevents them from stopping under heavy load.
- TCP clients and servers are more configurable in general.
- Several unimplemented features in Wheel::Run have been completed.
- POE::Kernel's call() honors array vs. scalar context now.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented POE::Kernel from returning.
- Fixed a leak in signal dispatching. Terminal signals now destroy sessions at the proper times.
POE's web site contains detailed changes for every public release.
The latest tarball should be heading towards your favorite CPAN mirror. It is also on the web, and so is a Windows PPD. Users who need advanced notice of changes can follow it via anonymous CVS or POE's mailing list.
Thanks again to everyone who helped with this release.
POE is an award-winning networking and multitasking framework. It has been in active, open development for over four years. Its developer community has created a large and growing list of reusable components.
POE's robustness and performance have made it an integral part of mission critical applications since 1998. It is used in a wide variety of fields and in projects ranging from just a few lines of code to tens of thousands.
Market servers, clients, billing systems, and automated trading agents.
Commerce servers, content management systems, application servers, data warehousing, WAP proxies, ad exchanges, web crawlers/spiders, and a variety of specialized agents.
- System Administration:
Large-scale host monitoring and maintenance, distributed load testing, a distributed file system (InterMezzo), radius monitoring, system log management and reporting, and spam detection.
Interactive TV servers; mp3 jukeboxes and streaming servers; multi-server multi-game server monitoring, management, billing, and tournament control; and a plethora of IRC applications and agents.
- Software Development:
Compile farm management, build management, distributed testing.
- Monitoring and Automation:
X10 home control, weather station monitoring, alarm monitoring.
We look forward to hearing how POE has helped you.