This is my first ever blog/journal entry anywhere. I think this announcement was the final incentive for me to break that barrier.
What is the Perl College?
The Perl College is a creative merger of job training and job
fairs. Here are its primary goals:
* Provide free top quality training to qualified
junior level Perl developers
* Improve their Perl skills to the intermediate level
* Match the new graduates with Perl jobs in the hiring companies
The Perl College was created to address these issues in
recruiting Perl coders:
* A shortage of intermediate level Perl developers
* A surplus of junior level Perl developers
* Some are not developing Perl full time
* Many are looking for a career developing Perl but can't get
needed training and experience
* Companies lacking the resources to train Perl developers
We are currently seeking both sponsors and students for this
unique education/recruitment opportunity.
Hiring Sponsors: Thirty great applicants - cheap!
Imagine how much it would cost in both time and money to find
and train a qualified applicant for your Perl jobs. The Perl
College dramatically improves the efficiency of this process by
pre-screening and accepting only the most motivated
students. Then we take it one step further. We take those
already highly motivated students and train them up to a solid
intermediate level of Perl skills. Efficiency, cost
effectiveness and quality results - what could be better for
your Perl recruitment needs?
Student Candidates: Put yourself ahead of the competition.
If selected you will have a week of free training from Damian
Conway (valued at $3000). Plus you will exposed to employers who
are actively seeking intermediate level Perl developers.
Competition to get in will be fierce so put your best foot
forward. Don't wait to apply as we will take only the thirty
most qualified students.
For more information on The Perl College, and how to apply to be a
sponsor or a student go to these pages:
Uri Guttman, Dean of The Perl College