My apartment's air connditioning seems to have died. Hopefully tomorrow it will get fixed, but until then I have found a few fans and gotten some airflow going. Until this gets fixed, I have a feeling that real work will be interupted. Ahh well, I need to catch up on real life, non-geeky stuff anyways.
There will be a new version of Net::DNS out soon, as soon as I rewrite Net::DNS::RR::new_from_string() to not use $'. Matts found a patch to do this a while back, but it's sloooow. Slinging arrays around is not always faster than just using $'. I have a gut feeling that just using a regex to do all the work in one shot is best. Ditch the loop all together.