The Net-DNS homepage was, until last night hosted on a Sun X1 at dyn's ithaca server farm. All was well. Then, we notice, hey... sodium (the box's name) thinks it's July 8th.
We fix the time, it drifts off by a day or so in a few minutes. Something is clearly not right with the thing. Our solaris guy reboots the box, what the heck. It works for windows.
Later that night, I try to log into the darned thing. It's not up. I ask the solaris guy, "Yeah, it didn't come back up".
Around this point I realize, that the only complete copy of the site was on sodium, and that I had bits and peices on other machines, but that's it. Luckily google's cache had some missing stuff, and I just can generate the docs from the distrabution in one line. Copied the tarballs from cpan, and things were looking good again.
I really don't want to do that again.