Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Journal of tonyc (123)

Tuesday August 14, 2001
08:06 PM

Bugs--

[ #663 ]

I finally got around to merging the Imager exp_represent branch with the main branch. The only problem was some files that had large modifications in both branches - CVS well and truly messed them up, only to be expected I suppose. I hand merged them, fixed up the test numbers that has been broken by the merge, since new tests had been added on both branches, and it all worked.

Well almost.

I've discussed adding some sample code to the distribution with Addi, since Imager is getting pretty difficult for a new user to get their mind around.

So I started working based on a simple text to image to web application I wrote as a basic demo. Unfortunately it had several problems with handling fonts that have negative left-side bearings on the first character (where the left size of the glyph is to the left of the start point.) Found and fixed for freetyp2.c. Just need to figure out the clipping problems in the Freetype 1.x support code.