NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Wednesday May 17, 2006
road trip to cali
Emily and I are packed. Tomorrow, movers from TransAmerica will drag our belongings out of the house, and this weekend we'll begin our road trip across the country. It's actually cheaper for us to drive across the country and stay in hotels than for us to ship her car over and buy plane tickets.)
Let's review the plan, courtesy of AAA's TripTik plan:
- May 21st - Leave Boston, MA, drive down I-90 to Erie, PA. Pass the vineyards, maybe stop in Dunkirk.
- May 22nd - I-80 then I-90 and then I-89 to Janesville, WI. Apparently Dells, WI has some nifty sandstone. There will be some realization of how much driving remains.
- May 23rd - I-90 through foresty Minnesota, then more Minnesota, then the rest of Minnesota. Eventually we'll hit Oacoma, SD.
- May 24th - Continue on I-90 (surprise) to Rapid City, SD. Check out Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Black Hills, etc. Is it politically correct to ask for a bison burger?
- May 25th - Follow I-90 north of the Black Hills to Cody, WY, right outside Yellowstone National Park.
- May 26th - Check out that famous geyser and the rest of Yellowstone. Carry on to Salt Lake City, UT.
- May 27th - I-80 to route 95 to the Yosemite Gateway Motel.
- May 28th - Check out Yosemite if we're not too sick of driving. Proceed to Mountain View, CA. Retrieve keys to new apartment, then make a visit to In-n-Out Burger.
I'll try to keep a log here and post some intermediate pictures on my Flickr account. Huzzah!
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.