Monday November 29, 2004
projects for winter break
Winter break is coming up fast! I've got a few projects to finish and project ideas...
- First and foremost, significant work needs to be done on the XML/REST/Class::DBI host and network infrastructure tool I'm developing.
- I'd like to write my own [photo]blogging software that does something innovative, such as exploring the uses of RDF as a datastore or incorporating some of the social software nibbles I've seen from del.icio.us or various wikis. Maybe I should learn Mason? Or how to write a signficant webapp with Template Toolkit?
- An impressive amount of work needs to be done on $writing_project
- Cadubi 2.0 needs to be rewritten and pluggable. Its interface has to be as simple as the existing Cadubi and must also be as simple to install, which requires that I use only Term::ReadKey. Maybe I'll cheat and use Term::Screen.
- Experiment with really disgusting data stores that might even get me in trouble, such as storing data in Flickr images via stegonography or utilizing some ICMP moon bounces. Y'know, something disgusting like that, which would be abstracted down to just a Tie:: or DBD:: or probably AnyData interface. Just for fun.
In the process of doing these (or snorkeling), maybe I can also think of my Big Idea that will win me fame and fortune among the masses.