I've finally started working on the Perl Survey grant.
The first thing I've done is taken Data::PerlSurvey2007 and merged it with the work that I did in late November 2007.
Generally the best practice with survey data is to make the data file as two dimensional as possible. So to achieve this, I'm converting the nested data structures in the PerlSurvey2007 module into dummy variables. This, and another couple of tweaks should get me to the position where I can do a comprehensive review of the existing analysis.
For those of you who want to sing along at home, I'm hosting it on Github, and you can browse or grab it from here.