Tuesday September 02, 2003
An Open Source Checklist
I've got that old familiar feeling... For the n'th time I'll be packaging a large chunk of internal code for an open source release. So, let's see, what will I need?
- Better Documentation - particularly of the introductory sort that you don't need when everyone's already onboard.
- A New Installation System - preferably one that doesn't require you to run Redhat 7.3 on i686!
- A Webpage - let's make it orange!
- Mailing Lists - is there something free and better than SourceForge?
- Change Tracking - sigh, time to start duping important commit messages into Changes.pod.
- A License - BSD is easy to sell to the lawyers, but wouldn't GPL be smarter?
So, what did I miss this time?