I finally found the disturbing ByteLoader bug.
It had nothing to do with my bytecode changes, just the DATA handle reader started too early, because I added the byteorder header.
I'm still working on the machinery to debug the compiler, but it is getting better now.
The Bytecode backend is almost ready, just some general options (-Ox, -Dx) have to be supported.
The C backend produces some simple to fix syntax errors.
For the Jit backend I wrote some docs, and for my preferred native Asm backends I have to look for some abstraction.
The problem will be how to produce optimized ops from existing ops, and keeping them in sync. Something like stripping common arg headers and footers from the code. Or generating some optimized ops from pp.c automatically.
1.04_05 2008-02-18 rurban
* added t/test.pl and t/test*.sh to MANIFEST.
* fixed ByteLoader reading from the filter.
* fixed -H
* updated Bytecode options in NOTES and pod
* added -O=Bytecode,-v option