Just another perl hacker somewhere near Disneyland
In my previous journal entry, I was both angry and in despair (summary: I needed a Windows printer driver that produced PDF files, and Adobe's solution was a moving target). Thanks to gizmo_mathboy I found new hope, and thanks to PDFCreator I can ditch Adobe and get on to the next bug in my project.
I did have to use the latest PDFCreator release candidate, 0.8.1 RC10, since program options were moved to the Windows registry (so I could easily set AutoSave options from my program, yay!). And the ancient development environment I'm using only likes to print to 'LPTx:' ports, but PDFCreator installs itself on a port named 'PDFCreator:', so I had to muck with creating a fake printer on LPT2, and run
'net use LPT2 \\localsystemname\PDFCreator' so that Windows would think my "printer" was on LPT2 (I already have a fake printer on LPT1). And I'm also using pdftk to attach files to the generated PDF files. Hurray for open source!