Met up with some of Fotango folks for lunch in the park. Heard of many wonderous things from oscon, including getting a better notion of how ponie is going to happen.
I came away with the seeds of something in my brain. We were talking a little about parsing pod when Paul commented on how much of a pain it was to author compared to textile.
I'm not sure just how the dots got crossed to the notion of a textile->pod filter, I blame the hot hot sun unless Paul wants to take the credit/blame. Anyhow, just using a textile parser and then writing some emitting code seemed like it should just work, so I opened the box.
Reading the source to Text::Textile caused the loss of sight in my left eye. Prolonged exposure to regexes whose only mission in life is to generate html does that to me.
Similar examination of Text::WikiFormat made my other eye twitch, though it seems to at least be pluggable in what it'll emit. I've got a mental bookmark to come back to it, but first some calming C eye balm.
Backfilled this, though I've not been doing much, writing it up makes it feel a little more substantial and reminds me what I should be doing.
Pulled the hugely destructive
set_plugins code out of
Siesta::List to find that only 3 test scripts failed. Sadly
they're the important ones for list administration, but maybe I can
just fill the gap with dolls heads and wax.
Did some light work on Mariachi to pull some of the speed back by allowing the more costly options to be disabled.