NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Friday May 24, 2002
I like large books. A huge, heavy book is always more appealing to me than a short 150 page opus. Almost all non-tech books I've read from cover to cover over the past few years are at least 800 page long : for example,
- The Mahabharata (the largest book in mankind's history -- as there is no complete french translation, I've only read a 2000 page "abstract")
- Asimov's complete robots / foundation cycle
- Saint Augustine's City of God
- James Joyce's Ulysses
- Dumézil's Mythe et épopée
- Hofstadter's Gödel Escher Bach
On the to-read list :
Downside : I need robust shelves.
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.