As noted in the previous journal entry, I figured it might take some work to get my SOAP script to work. I hate being right.
Apparently, when I created my Mozilla profile under Mac OS X, it used my existing one from Mac OS, and the MagicCookie file decided to use Mac OS newlines (CR) instead of Unix newlines (LF). So HTTP::Cookies expected local newlines, and failed reading the file. I was all set to send in a patch to Gisle, and then I decided to just try to change the newlines of that file to LF to see what happens. Sure enough, it works. Apparently Mozilla autodetects the newlines and then preserves them.
At least, it seems to work. If it fails at some point, I'll send in a patch.