I got a ton done today, I think. I closed out some bug reports and tasks, I submitted some patches, I did a bunch of test builds (with the newly released perl-5.6.1-TRIAL3), and I figured out some more things about the source.
The patches were for File::Path, which I had thought I had done already, and POSIX.xs to take care of the definitions which were moved to macish.h/c for times() and struct tms, so we could build Devel::DProf. All of the extensions are built now.
Even more bugs have been uncovered, unfortunately.
If some of the more serious remaining bugs can be worked out soon, I want to do a binary alpha/preview release. That'd be cool. I want to do a source release this week. Maybe Wednesday.