I help with Melbourne Perl Mongers.
I spend an awful lot of time talking about Perl, and have had my picture in the Australian newspapers with a camel. That's rather scary.
The camel's apostrophe
Jacinta and I have been looking at holiday options recently, including potentially a camel safari in outback Australia. As part of our research, we discovered that greengrocers aren't the only ones who think that an apostrophe is to mark the impeding arrival of the letter 's'. One website featured the following text:
- Booking's of three or more people for all safaris.
- Safaris may be cancelled due to unsuitable weather condition's.
- Safari time's may vary in summer months.
- Please state any special food requirement's.
- Price's subject to change.
A suitable reference to Bob's Quick Guide to the Apostrophe has been appropriately dispatched to their webmaster.