Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

phillup (4419)

  (email not shown publicly)

Journal of phillup (4419)

Tuesday January 06, 2004
09:41 PM

A small bit of enlightenment

[ #16687 ]

I was working on my recent problem by sprinkling print statements thruoghout the code for my module. It appears that the problem is in the destructor.

Guess what the destructor does? It closes my CGI::Session object... the one I was having problems with a bit back.

I was using the "Storable" serializer. When I changed it to "FreezeThaw" or used the default... the sigfault stopped.

I'd still like to know why wrapping the code in a sub made a difference...

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • So check your install of Storable []. It's a separate module from FreezeThaw [], so segfaults to one but not to the other can likely be reduced to a bad install of the former.
    • Yeah... I'm looking into it today to see if I can figure it out enough to make a bug report.

      If it is the same problem I've been having every so often... it has been a real bugger to track down. Very intermittent... and testing from the command line is much different than running in a mod_perl environment.

      If it is the Storable module... I need to find a test case that demonstrates the problem, without CGI::Session... I think.
    • This is wierd...

      I tried for about four hours to reduce it to the Storable module. Couldn't do it.

      So... I changed the storage mechanism from file based to db based, using MySQL and the Storable serializer.

      No segfault.

      It only segfaults if I use file based storage and the Storable serializer.

      I'm not sure if the problem is in the session module... but it sure looks like it to me. I ended up entering a bug into for the CGI::Session module.