In the last couple of weeks I've started writing tests, for the Java to Perl 6 API converter, which are repeatable. That meant writing my own Java code, so I know the API won't grow unexpectedly. The tests pointed out one rough spot in the parse tree that I need to knock flat.
I've also set up an svn repo for the project as part of google code. The project is called java2perl6. Interested parties are welcome to search for it at http://code.google.com.
In the next couple of weeks, I hope to fix the parse tree, and begin reading about Perl 6 roles. I think roles seem like the best concept in Perl 6 to target, as opposed to classes or regular modules.