Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

petdance (2468)

petdance
  andy@petdance.com
http://www.perlbuzz.com/
AOL IM: petdance (Add Buddy, Send Message)
Yahoo! ID: petdance (Add User, Send Message)
Jabber: petdance@gmail.com

I'm Andy Lester, and I like to test stuff. I also write for the Perl Journal, and do tech edits on books. Sometimes I write code, too.

Journal of petdance (2468)

Monday July 29, 2002
12:36 AM

I come to seize your berry, not appraise it

[ #6708 ]
Usually on Saturday mornings, Amy is super tired, and when Quinn wakes up at 7:00 she says "I'll give you $100 if you get up with her", and I do, and she doesn't. This Saturday, it was my turn to offer the phantom C-note, and so the girls went downstairs to have breakfast.

After a while, Amy called up to me. Hollering across the house is one of my pet peeves, so I knew it had to be something big. Quinn was having her normal "breath-holding" spells ("normal" meaning "normal for her now"), but it was worse. They were longer, and more severe. She looked more annoyed/concerned than usual. I was starting to get as concerned as Amy.

Flashback to Monday, when we took Quinn to Dr. Gronberg for her 9 month checkup. She still wasn't crawling, and she doesn't use her legs for anything, and Dr. G was now calling her little spells "seizures", which wasn't a fun word to hear. He said that we needed to talk to the neurologists at Children's Memorial and have them look at her.

(Side note: For those of you watching the PBS series on CMH, Gail Brodkey was one of the many folks who saw us the first time we were down there.)

We called 'em up, and they said "Oh, we have a waiting list until November." That won't do. Our bunny is having seizures. We went back to Dr. G and asked if he could pull some strings, or do whatever doctor things they do, and he assured us he would, so Wednesday he called 'em, and was told to expect a return call.

Friday, he'd still not heard back, and Amy was getting more and more worried. We talked about the idea of just going back to the CMH ER to make ourselves heard. I didn't think that anything was that much worse. That was Friday. Saturday morning, I agreed with her that it was worse, and since our instructions were to go back if things got worse, off we went.

We got to CMH about 12:30, and a couple of different people saw her, and finally the attending came in and said that it looked like she was having seizures, and that she needed an EEG. Unfortunately, they don't do EEGs on the weekend, and nobody's up in Neuro anyway, so they'd have to call back later. He assured us that we'd get in there some time this week, and I took down names and numbers just to be sure. (I hate calling up someone to say "Um, I talked to someone and he said that I should talk to someone...", instead of saying "Hi, I talked to Dr. Drake Ramoray and he said that if I don't hear back from Dr. Noah Drake by the end of today that I should....")

So we should be going back to CMH some time by the end of the week and they'll do tests and see what her seizures are.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.