Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Monday July 14, 2003
03:42 PM


[ #13443 ]

Finished packing last night - all the clothes and miscellaneous barang went into the cases. All set.

So I go down this morning and find that the business center is only open Mon-Fri. Okay. I can cope. I asked at the front desk about where the Kinko's was (I remembered passing it, but not what street it was on). Got the turn out of the hotel backwards and ended up walking around fruitlessly for 20 minutes. When I finally got to the Kinko's, it wasn't open, and wouldn't be until after 10. I took this as A Sign that I was going to be repacking my bags.

A certain amount of squeezing later, I had all of it in my cases, though I was seriously concerned that they were going to collapse into degenerate matter before I got them home.

People in Portland are nice. Everyone I talked to seemed to be really pleased that I'd enjoyed my stay, and was very glad to talk about Portland and how they liked it. I had a guy on the street stop and tell me he really liked my "History of Western Sculpture" shirt and asked me where I got it.

My head had cleared up pretty well, but I went down to the riverfron park and out on the dock, where I did a little yoga to finish the process. I felt a whole lot better afterward.

Met up with a few folks in the lobby prior to riding to the airport - I elected to take the shuttle rather than the train this time, but I didn't get in the main shuttle; I got a private ride in a backup cab. Joe, I promise I'll post the receipe for Malaysian Chicken Curry this week!

Met some folks at the airport - they were taking the same flight I was to Denver. We were at nearly opposite ends of the plane, so I just caught a few Z's. I miscalculated the time I had in Denver, so I ended up buying about 15 minutes of wireless time (and still couldn't get to, rats). I did get my mail downloaded, so I've been able to go over that and write this journal entry.

Somehow my battery ended up really run down, despite my having the machine on the charger all night, so I'm three minutes from a forced shutdown now.

I'm looking forward to next year. Right now, I just want to get home, see Shymala, and catch up on my sleep.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.