We met at Rose's, a cafe and sushi bar. As well as the usual suspects,
larsen, me, Mattia, Piero, Simone (all from Dada), and dakkar (now working at
Ask.com), we were joined by some more dadaisti - Massimo, and Marco 2.0 - and some
others: student Claudio, and Leonardo of it.discussioni.misteri fame.
Apart from a major ENOTUNA error, food and drink were pleasant, with several
people trying sushi for the first time and a goodly number of shiny 2 litre cans of Asahi
consumed. We discussed (among other things)
- how to cook sushi
- the perils of sake on an empty stomach
- how to get sysadmins to do things
- why kids these days don't study enough maths at Uni
- Why (and whether) OpenOffice.org takes 2-20 minutes to open up
- spending other people's money on overspecced servers
- Jehovah's witnesses. In the rain.
- How to get yourself on the banned words list of the Scientologists web
- Why not all questions can be answered "Yes/No/Maybe".
- Is that an African or a European "swallow" ?
- An unusual nervous tic on a table of great historic and cultural interest
- Tuscany: it's all just hills and flood plains really.
- Night shift
- Do girls talk about politics on nights out?
- Laws on database security
- "Precarious" work
- Daring maths
- Tuscan dialect lesson: "Baccagliare" (Bajagliare)