But I didn't have the skills, the dedication, or the time so it didn't happen. Then I learned Java, was being made redundant, and got a Sony Ericsson P800, one of those all-singing, all-dancing almost-third-generation mobile phones. But though it sings and dances, it doesn't have a Spreadsheet application. So my project has now been resurrected as a Java J2ME application...
that it's still beyond my skills, and (now that
I am no longer being made redundant), my time as well.
But this time, I seem to have managed to scrape together the dedication to think about it more or less constantly for the last 2 months, so I think it's worth continuing. If anyone's interested I have started blogging it at Symbian Diaries.