NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Sunday April 04, 2010
Rocket fuel review
So, mostly conclusions without much justification. Of the recent consumption:
- Weston's Vintage Special Reserve
- I didn't like this as much as the first time I had it. It feels like it's over doing it somehow.
- Thatchers' Katy
- Nicer than the Special Reserve.
- Weston's Perry
- Want more. Seriously drinkable. Seriously dangerous*.
- Brother's Festival Cider
- I didn't like it that much. It has a slight rough undertone, like there's a trace of scrumpy in it. But I wasn't trying to drink paint stripper (this time).
Unfortunately I have run out of Katy and Perry. There will have to be a third place drink-off between the Special Reserve and the Festival Cider. Carefully. And not on a school night.
* Trumps Apple Hooch in the "danger" category. To me, Apple Hooch tastes like Appletize. Problem is that I know that Appletize is non-alcholic, and don't pace myself. Only Apple Hooch is (well, was) 5% ABV. Weston's Perry is 7.4%.
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.