NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Monday April 02, 2007
Today is pear shaped
Today everything seems to be trying to go wrong:
- I bought pizza at Sainsbury's on special offer, only the till didn't
think that it was. So after queuing at customer service, they confirmed that
the till was right. "There's a sign up that says otherwise" I said, so we went
down to the pizza freezers, and lo, there was. Said sign should have been
removed some time ago, and so was promptly removed and torn up as we walked
back to the customer service desk, where they refunded the difference to honour
the offer price. So I got the deal, but it took time.
- Then as I came out of Sainsbury's, I spotted a bus, jogged to it to find
that it was a 261, and got on. Rah! Only it broken down 4 stops later. "It's a
nice day," I thought, so walked back the rest of the way, because I know where
the quiet footpaths run.*
- And when I got home - I didn't have my keys. Turned out that I'd left them
at my parents. Fortunately my dad offered to walk them over. Rocket wins another
- And once I was in and started cleaning, the Dyson attacked the bag
containing the lump(s) of hateful sandstone pulling it to the floor, causing one lump to split and
fine sand to escape onto the floor.
I'm going to retreat and have a bath.
* I like London. Or at least the parts that have footpaths that lead
to private green places, and let you avoid the hurly burly.
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.