Saturday July 24, 2004
(US Imigration Service)++
My converstation with immigration on entry to the US went something like this
- So what is the purpose of your visit to the US?
- I'm attending a conference
- What's the conference about?
- It's OSCON, the Open Source Convention, with The Perl Conference
- What, Linux and stuff?
- Me [parroting]
- Yes, Linux and stuff [D'oh! Why did I just repeat him?]
- How long are you staying for?
- 7 days. I fly out next Saturday
- Welcome to the United States
- Thank you
Wow! The US immigration service know that Linux is open source. (Or at least one employee at Mineappolis does)