I found some time this weekend to do some more work on my TPF grant to improve Smolder. I'll be doing a presentation to the Raliegh Perl Mongers on Smolder the first week of June, so I'll need to find some more time pretty soon too. Plus I'll need to definitely finish this round of work before YAPC and OSCON.
The first milestone (ditching the old XML format for plain TAP) is now feature complete (with tests of course). The accepted format is now a TAR archive containing TAP files with one YAML file with META information about the test run. To see more documentation see http://smolder.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smolder/trunk/docs/upload_file_format
The next 2 milestones have to do with setting up a system to easily automate CPAN style distributions for automatic testing from svn, etc. I've put this off for a few days but will get to it soon.
The 4th milestone was to add project specific RSS feeds. I was originally planning on using XML::RSS, but I've decided to go a simpler route. I don't need to parse RSS or do anything fancy other than emit XML using RSS tags. Using a template would be much easier. It also means I don't need to include the dependencies of XML::RSS inside of Smolder either, so it's that much smaller.
This milestone is now feature complete as well. That just leaves 2 left.