I was a little delayed in my work this week ($work and fun stuff) because my SVK repository got really screwy and wouldn't let me push changes back for certain branches. So I took a whole lot of time troubleshooting that and then finally just deleting everything and starting my svk mirrors all over again.
After that I was able to jump right back into the gutting of the XML stuff from smolder in favor or plain ol' TAP. This went pretty smoothly and I was able to get a nice an intial implementation working, so I committed it back to the svn repo. I was a little pressed for time, so the test suite is still broken, but that shouldn't take too much time to get into order.
While working with the code that I haven't touched in a while, I noticed a lot of other areas (not related to my grant work) that could use some sprucing up too. Plus there's lot of new tricks and tips I've picked up from my work on other stuff (mostly the AJAXification of Krang) that would be useful for smolder to. But I guess that's the way it goes. There's always something to learn and never enough time to backport those learnings to earlier projects.