NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.
All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report
Monday January 29, 2007
Talks idea in my plates
I have the following ideas for the talks to give in conferences this year (YAPC::Asia, YAPC::NA, OSCON, YAPC::Europe). Not sure if I will actually subnmit any of those, but here I paste, for the future reference. Feedbacks welcome.
- Inside Vox: How we built Vox (http://www.vox.com/) and made it scalable, fully internationalized and Ajaxed with our own Open Source technologies. Including the best practices of using Catalyst, Data::ObjectDriver, memcached, TheSchwartz, Template-Toolkit, JSON-RPC, XML::Atom etc. (45 min)
- Writing a Pluggable software: Discuss a couple of ways to make a pluggable application in Perl, how to deploy the plugins and how to manage dependencies. I'd also explain pros/cons for each of them. Based on my expericne about the very successful pluggable feed reader: Plagger. (45 min)
- Test driven Perl module development with Test::Base. Exntended version of my Lightning Talk in Shibuya.pm tech talk #7. (20 min)
- Plagger 2007: Quick updates for Plagger project and talk about 1.0 milestone (20 min)
- Comet API client using POE: POE::Component::Client::Lingr. (LT)
Stories, comments, journals, and other submissions on use Perl; are Copyright 1998-2006, their respective owners.