Wednesday March 23, 2005
CGI::Prototype 0.9050 released
This is mostly an urgent bugfix release... a real user reported that I had broken CGI::Prototype for mod_perl, so I figured out how to fix that. And, the latest CGI.pm forced me to handle multi-part forms in CGI::Prototype::Mecha. Ugh.
But while I was at it, I also added:
- Tests for CGI::Prototype::Hidden using CGI::Prototype::Mecha (so they both get tested a bit)
- A sample app using CGI::Prototype::Hidden
- Easier configuration of the Template object
- An "interstitial" support for "we're working on $this_step for you right now" pages
- A plugin support to give sub-templates their own heavy-lifting code
- Slightly better docs
I still want a more-fleshed out few examples in the distro, but this will have to do for now. I'm also sketching the beginnings of CGI::Prototype::Pathinfo, to maintain state with mangled URLs instead of hidden fields.