mfn and mfarrg are being tested by other people for a little bit. Hopefully in that time I can get mffix finished.
Last night, after spending most of the day thinking about it, I decided to take a whack at building just the interface framework for a Curses::UI based app I've been wanting to write for a while now.
Curses::UI has great documentation on the module level -- lightyears better than anything else I've ever found for *curses, including the ORA book -- but the only information on how to actually hook it all up together is the example apps. Again, these are wonderful, but when you want to do something a little different than what the examples do, you have to figure it out on your own. This, combined with my own problems in over-thinking and !JFDIng, leads to delay.
Long story short, last night I built a 3-paned UI, where the major pane is a user-creatable-deletable-selectable stack of windows, with a status line and minibuffer
The only downside I can see is that, while curses is thought of as the lightweight, oldschool approach to windowed apps, just this demo eats a LOT of memory (11M VSZ, 8M RSS) and takes about 30 seconds to start on my 486-based laptop.