Was kind of burning out on kdict stuff, so I'm switching back to mfutils, hopefully long enough to get a release cut.
Today I got some utility code split out of mfn and into a module, then hooked up some YAML goodness for a configuration file. YAML works great for this because Getopt, which I was already using, gives you a hash, and YAML can justy shove the hash into a file and/or yank it back for you. So configuration works like: hardcoded defaults, then the config file is read, then the command-line options are applied. Sweet.
I also fixed an off-by-one error in the undo code, which I assume I intoduced since the last release, because it *worked* then. Added a couple of new options, "--fatal" which halts on a rename failure, and "--clean" which unlinks all logfiles. Finally, there's the usual tweaks and cleanups, a ton of new POD, and a improved installer script. All of this will be common to the suite, as soon as I get everything else rewritten.
Tomorrow I want to clean up and add new stuff to either mffix (which was part of the previous incarnation) or mfarrg (which is new to the suite, and will have some significant improvements). After those are done, mfegg (egg's been rolled in as well) needs some serious rewriting and new features to make it actually useful and more sane. And I've got some good ideas for mtn as, but it can wait for Release 2 of the mfutils suite (hello Curses::UI!).