Things are moving forward. I'm enjoying myself within the Web.pm project, thinking of new ideas to try, and discussing a lot with other people. When looking at the milestones, it still feels like we're on track — though sometimes the "weeks" are slightly longer than seven days, due to the, er, intricacies of time allocation.
Anyway, this week was about 7 days long, and I used my 10 allocated hours for the following:
STD.pmand Rakudo evolve, atrocities from the past keep haunting us. That is, we've written things like
Hash %propertiesin parameter lists, thinking that meant "the hash
%properties". Suddenly, when parameter checking gets a little stricter, it turns out that it really means "the hash of hashes
%properties", and things fail. Live and learn.
.WHAT eqand broke when the return values of
.WHATsuddenly changed. The
.WHAT eqisn't Best Practices Perl 6 to begin with; it was a workaround becuase smartmatching didn't work in that particular case. The blocking bug had since been fixed, so I changed to smartmatching.
master, just as they should. I've set up a nightly smoke, and I plan to expand this to both the bleeding Rakudo and the latest monthly release. That will give us excellent data for keeping November's
masterpassing in the future.
I wish to thank The Perl Foundation for sponsoring the Web.pm effort.