- Stevan and Audrey are working on PIL2 minilanguage
- they want to talk about how to optimize it
- I'll corner Allison and have her show me how to hook it up to TGE
- probably won't have my Parrot day until Friday
- I still plan on working next on supporting more operations in Punie
- probably will do a whole pile at once
- I need to genericize it not to parse on the name of the operation
- "there's an identifier here"
- then add a step to do semantic checking
- check for only valid operations
- sounds like what PIL2 needs
- very co-useful
- is Roberta back in town?
- we're supposed to talk to a Perl-friendly company soon
- not sure if it'll work during the holidays
- will send out a few more review copies
- I'm porting PGE to Perl 6
- it's really fast
- I can do the fundamental operations in an hour
- haven't found the easiest way
- will probably look at how PGE does it
- using CPS, as it's easy for the easy stuff
- the general quantified style isn't as easy that way
- coming along a really well
- Perl 6 is a nice language to write in, compared to PIR
- is this as an exercise for fun?
- is it for a chunk of Pugs?
- does it eventually need to happen?
- all three
- that needs to happen to get stuff out fast
- if the lowest level you guarantee to support is the HLL, you have to
implement a lot of stuff in the HLL to support it everywhere
- what's your status of outstanding design decisions?
- it'd be nice to get a concrete list of missing design
- what we need for 6.0
- it seems like that'll become a list of blockers soon
- we're getting runnable implementations that run