A little more work. Following some wise words in masak's journal about starting simple, I decided to take further tentative tiptoes further towards my target of a transparent Role-As-Interface based RMI system by first of all just hacking together a call from client to server. Following a visit to the lovely people on #perl6 I got a pointer to the perl6 test suite which, when read with the synopsis & apocalypse documents, seems to give a reasonable set of reference documents.
Anyway, squeezing this around other commitments, I hacked LWP::Simple and HTTP::Daemon around a little, and created the following files:
Thats the client side of this simple test, now onto the server side.
That is quite filthy, but a start. Next up is one of two things:
These "simple" steps may possibly include a tour round some other areas, including a look at serialisation, dependency injections, singletons... Still only one way to eat an elephant...