Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

lachoy (1663)

lachoy
  chris.winters@gmail.com
http://www.cwinters.com/

I am actually Chris Winters; I am actually living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA; I am actually married and have three cats. (Guess what one of them is named?) I am the "OpenInteract" guy, which could be good or bad.

Journal of lachoy (1663)

Tuesday May 07, 2002
02:39 PM

More releasing, more wiki

[ #4734 ]

Put out OpenInteract 1.40 this morning, to many huzzahs. (Well, one. From one of our cats.) Let me just say again that CPAN/PAUSE rock my world.

To test it out I finally, finally got cwinters.com back online. I had to transfer data from a very old (18 months) MySQL structure into Postgres, my database of choice now. That went pretty well -- I modified the various presentations to have different base templates, copied all the photos to a particular directory, then set the page scanner to work to bring everything in. Worked like a charm, and we're back online. Ugly, but online. Some sort of photo gallery, potentially borrowed from slashcode, is likely in the near future....

For some reason, I woke up thinking about wikis -- insane in the wikibrain -- and how to implement a simple one (hah!) in OpenInteract using chromatic's Text::WikiFormat. I finally took a look at it and it's nice and straightforward, even for overriding and (I think) adding behavior. We'll see. Obviously, good ideas are fermented on less than four hours of sleep... (Or maybe they just seem like good ideas then.)

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • It *should* be good for overriding and adding behavior. That was one of my design goals.

    There aren't any tests for that specifically, though, mostly because I hadn't thought of any good things to add or to override. I'm likely to add in any suggestions you have, or even write new tests based on your ideas.

    • Couple of things I came up with:
      • Headers. I've used the TWiki and the UseMod methods and don't really have a preference:
        TWiki (using line start/end anchors): ^---+ text $ is h1
        ^---++ text $ is h2
        ^---+++ text $ is h3
        UseMod: = text = is h1
        == text == is h2
        === text === is h3
      • Interwiki links, normally Foo:WikiName. You'll need to provide a way to map to other wikis, but that's easy
      • Other external links. The everything [command://argument] or [[command://argument]] is killer and allows for superea
    • Oh yeah, I forgot. It would also be great to get a list of WikiWords from the most-recently formatted text. Handy for indexing and all...