OpenInteract 1.99_06 (2.0 beta 6) has been released to CPAN.
OpenInteract is a full-featured application server with
authentication, security, database access, content generation
and lots of other bells and whistles under one roof.
This release has lots of new features, improvements and bugfixes, including:
* OpenInteract2 applications ('packages') can now be built and
installed as CPAN-distributable modules.
* When you point the new management task 'easy_app' at a database
table you get a simple application with create, remove, update,
delete and search features.
* REST parameters are now supported so something like
'/news/archive/2005/03' will work as expected.
* You no longer need to store 'sample' files or core packages in an
external directory, they're all bundled up in packages. So creating
a new website is just:
oi2_manage create_website --website_dir=/path/to/site
* Package configuration files are now in one place and do not get
changed when you upgrade.
* Setup and URL-to-action resolution are much more granular and
customizable, just drop a class in a namespace to make your own
* FastCGI now supported, and you can use PO/MO (gettext) files
for your localization messages.
* Tons of other enhancements focusing on simpler objects, flexibility
and consistency. Plus lots of docs. Most are noted in JIRA:
Many thanks to the people testing betas/CVS snapshots and reporting
issues, particularly Salve Nilsen and his team at the Norwegian
The next release should be a release candidate and the following
release a final 2.0. (Famous last words...)