I'm pleased to announce the 0.056_01 development release
of CPANPLUS. This release mainly entails the splitting out
of CPANPLUS::Dist::Build (the sub-module for dealing with
Module::Build based packages) into it's own CPAN-package.
Below is the changelog for this release.
You can get it from:
Or soon from a CPAN near you.
Any feedback on this developer release is appreciated,
especially if you encounter issues on less-widely spread
operating systems or configurations.
I'd like to thank again everyone who worked hard on this to
make this release possible; the developers, testers and idea-
Changes for 0.056_01 Thu Aug 18 16:26:52 CEST 2005
* This is a development release testing the splitting
off of CPANPLUS::Dist::Buid into it's own package,
several bugfixes and a few small features.
* Make 'i URI' work from the default shell, enabling commands
like 'i http://example.com/module.tgz'. parse_module()
understands this as well (for API users) -- #11479
* CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb got branched into it's own package
* Add test cases for lack of CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb
* Add new test tarballs that provide the simples possible
* Add prereq to CPANPLUS::Dist::Build if the user prefers
to use Build.PL over Makefile.PL
* Add a depencendency on Win32::Process on Win32 (bundled
with AS perl, needed by IPC::Run)
* Quell warnings about empty prerequisite lists (#13111)
* Quell warnings about beta-versions being non-numeric (#14106)
* Platform dependant modules were
regardless whether they failed or not (#13224)
* Config keys are now sorted when printed in the default shell
(as requested by Tux)
* Extracted files now only get +w for the owner, not '755',
as this interferes with some modules test suite (#13358)
* Some modules uses module_name_version.ext rather than the
usual module-name-version.ext. CPANPLUS now parses both
* 's mirrors' in the default shell now lists your mirrors.
To alter them you must still edit the config using 's edit'
* Buffers are now autoflushed while invoking 'perl Makefile.PL';
Modules that asked questions during interactive install
sometimes had their output held back in the buffer. Since not
all modules do $|++ in their Makefile.PL, we do it for them
* The diagnostic reporting functions 'msg' and 'error' from
CPANPLUS::Error got renamed to 'cp_msg' and 'cp_error'
respectively, to avoid conflicts with Log::Message::Simple.
(This only affects API developers).
* All bundled modules are updated to their most recent version.