Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

jonasbn (1153)

jonasbn
  reversethis-{gro.napc} {ta} {nbsanoj}
http://e-diot.dk/
AOL IM: BJonasN (Add Buddy, Send Message)

Perl Programmer located in Copenhagen, Denmark. Active member of Copenhagen Perl Mongers.

Author of:

  • Business::DK::CPR
  • Business::DK::CVR
  • Business::DK::PO
  • Business::OnlinePayment::CashCow
  • Date::Holidays
  • Date::Holidays::Abstract
  • Date::Holidays::Super
  • Date::Pregnancy
  • Games::Bingo
  • Games::Bingo::Bot
  • Games::Bingo::Print
  • Module::Info::File
  • Module::Template::Setup
  • Test::Timer

and maintainer of:

  • Tie::Tools
  • XML::Conf
  • Workflow

Journal of jonasbn (1153)

Thursday August 09, 2007
06:31 AM

Devel::Cover and me (the idiot)

[ #34059 ]

I really really like Devel::Cover, I have disturbed PJCJ and several occasions and it seems as if his tool is actually working and that I am the idiot.

I am writing documentation for this big provisioning system and if was the idea to add tests at the same time.

But as for Games::Bingo the test coverage report gave a lot of 'n/a's instead of useful data on coverage.

I reported this issue a long time ago to PJCJ via rt.cpan.org and I have tried to figure out what the problem was, the scary thing was really that it seems as if I am the only one with this problem, so I expected that it was me who was doing something wrong. But I really needed help to understand what I was doing wrong.

So when this new coverage report came up with all the 'n/a's I turned back to Games::Bingo since this distribution is much smaller and it would be easier to look for the problem there.

After several attempts and clean up of the code, I got it working. I released 0.14 of Games::Bingo to CPAN. I was however unsure what specifically had made it work again - and I still am.

Anyway I applied some of the same patterns to the provision system code (the tests) and it worked out. The problem seemed to be: BEGIN { use_ok(...); }; statements.

use lib qw(...) might also play a part, but I have not been able to successfully isolate this complete yet, but I will try to.

I hope I will be able to deliver something concrete to PJCJ, perhaps even a POD patch or similar.

Oh and one last thing, the system I am too test currently has a coverage of 18.8%, so I am silently weeping into my keyboard.

Insert Unicode characters for tears here

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.