and maintainer of:
I have just upload Module::Info::File to CPAN
Here are is a snap from th Changes file:
- Added a Perl::Critic test t/critic.t (courtesy of Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer, Test::Perl::Critic)
- Refactored parts of the code, mostly regular expressions - all tests pass
- Ran code through perltidy aswell (level 1 perlcritic warning)
- Ran code through Perl::Critic all the way to level1 and updated POD and code accordingly after reading the referenced sections in PBP - they all made perfect sense
Checked with Lars Thegler on the use of 2 vs. 3 argument version of open and since FreeBSD 4.x is declared EoL, Perl 5.6.x is the official version and compability for older perl is no longer required, if somebody would require this I would be willing to invest the time and effort
- Fixed a bug reported by Eric D. Peterson, he experienced problems with traversing all his packages and getting the information using new_from_file()
Apparently the DBD::Oracle has a closure in which the package is defined. See: Oracle::DBD, t/oracle_package_bug.t and drafts/OracleLikePackage.pm for an example
I have changed the package matching regular expression, considering using PPI it might however be serious overkill.
- Changed from ExtUtils::MakeMaker to Module::Build
- Added a Kwalitee test t/kwalitee.t (courtesy of chromatic, Test::Kwalitee)
- Added a test more to t/File.t
Ok, I was listening to the interview with Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer on Perlcast. I had received a mail from a user of Module::Info::File, which looked to be a bug on my side, an easy fix, but a bug.
Driven by the almost ending interview, I started to have a look at Test::Kwalitee, integrated it, Module::Info::File, something I have been meaning to do for a long time. The distribution however seemed to have good kwalitee from the beginning - changed from ExtUtils::MakeMaker to Module::Build (this is still my preferred build system).
Then had a look at Test::Perl::Critic *boom* everything exploded, so instead I abandoned the test and I addressed the bug instead - wrote a unit-test to assert that the bug was fixed and kept running, coding until it passed.
Ready to release I went back to Test::Perl::Critic, in the interview, Jeffrey stated that the CLI was a good way to begin.
So I started running the CLI program (perlcritic) with 5 as argument, only catching the most severe, got a single one.
open attempted to address it without luck, went on to severity 4, addressed the issues, severity 3, 2, - went back and adressed 5. Talked to some people on IRC about
open and FreeBSD. Went back, focused, fixed it. Ran perlcritic for severity 1, ran perltidy and out of the smoke emerged Module::Info::File 0.09
I cleaned the distribution files, so the bug-fix assertion tests and data, kwalitee and Test::Perl::Critic is not distributed with the module, since it is only parts of the toolbox, not the module.
I have an issue with one of my other modules, so I think it is time to revision that, more on this later - I expect to give it the same treatment.