Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

jonasbn (1153)

  reversethis-{gro.napc} {ta} {nbsanoj}
AOL IM: BJonasN (Add Buddy, Send Message)

Perl Programmer located in Copenhagen, Denmark. Active member of Copenhagen Perl Mongers.

Author of:

  • Business::DK::CPR
  • Business::DK::CVR
  • Business::DK::PO
  • Business::OnlinePayment::CashCow
  • Date::Holidays
  • Date::Holidays::Abstract
  • Date::Holidays::Super
  • Date::Pregnancy
  • Games::Bingo
  • Games::Bingo::Bot
  • Games::Bingo::Print
  • Module::Info::File
  • Module::Template::Setup
  • Test::Timer

and maintainer of:

  • Tie::Tools
  • XML::Conf
  • Workflow

Journal of jonasbn (1153)

Thursday November 16, 2006
06:49 AM

Hold the Yays and bring in the no-nos

[ #31623 ]

Apparently something screwed up, so what I delivered was not exactly right, so I went back to look at the build process.

Apparently the target was not overwritten with the new build, due to a problem with my path.

Cygwin (tar) installed, documented and moving on...

Lesson learned do not build when you are really tired and the strategy of keeping build targets around is not good, the ability of being able to clean the build targets is a good thing.

Next the build process (the PAR part) started acting funny, giving me a dialogue referencing to the D: drive, weird, weird but I had seen this one before so I read my journal and dug up an old patch to Inline.

This is why it is a good idea to publicise your patches and other work, since you can find them again more easily instead of digging through your own HDD or similar.

After patching Inline, the dialogue disappeared and everything seemed to build alright, but in order to not make the same mistake twice I started the built .exe file and I got a new error, never seen before...

The procedure entry point Perl_Gsv_placeholder_ptr could not be located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll

The solution, which seem to work for some other guy does however not work for me :-/

So it is back to the old PC to do the build

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.