Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

jonasbn (1153)

jonasbn
  reversethis-{gro.napc} {ta} {nbsanoj}
http://e-diot.dk/
AOL IM: BJonasN (Add Buddy, Send Message)

Perl Programmer located in Copenhagen, Denmark. Active member of Copenhagen Perl Mongers.

Author of:

  • Business::DK::CPR
  • Business::DK::CVR
  • Business::DK::PO
  • Business::OnlinePayment::CashCow
  • Date::Holidays
  • Date::Holidays::Abstract
  • Date::Holidays::Super
  • Date::Pregnancy
  • Games::Bingo
  • Games::Bingo::Bot
  • Games::Bingo::Print
  • Module::Info::File
  • Module::Template::Setup
  • Test::Timer

and maintainer of:

  • Tie::Tools
  • XML::Conf
  • Workflow

Journal of jonasbn (1153)

Tuesday October 24, 2006
02:24 AM

InstantCRUD

[ #31400 ]

zby++

I am building some small administrative database utilities using Catalyst and InstantCRUD this has worked out to be quite nice but I have had a few minor problems, with controlling the code produced by InstantCRUD and it took quite some experimenting and asking around before I got it right.

At some point I joined #catalyst and I actually came to talk to the author (zby) and he offered me a pre-release of InstantCRUD 0.17 with this release all the code is generated for you, so all of my experimentation was over, yay, that is one of the powers of the open-source community, which I really like, the opportunity to talk to the people who wrote the software you use and rely on.

omega++

I experienced problems with danish letters (UTF-8) but a patch to HTML::Widget::Element did the job, I got this patch from omega on #catalyst aswell.

zby--

I only had one minor set back and that was when the official 0.17 release hit the CPAN, the HTML::Widget configuration file had changed format, it did not take long to get it to play a long when I found out what the problem was.

jonasbn--

But before that I really screwed things up for myself, my experimenting in the production module when all crazy and my machine went crazy when I mixed up @ and %, the application just slowed my machine down and used all resources.

I got it working and now things look good and I can start adding some more functionality to the Catalyst app.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.